Nowadays, many young people are inspired by the success stories of internet marketing and start-ups with their “success stories”. Being the boss of your own business sounds fun, or maybe you just want to increase your income besides your main job, there are many ways to turn your skills and interests into income. Running a successful online business has its charms, but you have to remember, it certainly has its own challenges too.
Starting any business must be hard work, it’s true, not even the number of people who have triggered the big leap to entrepreneurship “ with the right ideas and a lot of sweat capital, they succeeded, you can too. Understand, too, that online business is not a simple strategy that will change your life in the blink of an eye.
Starting a business is not like that. It’s a good idea to think carefully before deciding to leave your job (resign) because the passionate motivation is wanting to “success” doing business online.
7 Ways to Start an Online Business Without Quitting Your Job
On the other hand, Decoo Info tries to combine various simple ways to start an online business, without having to stop from your daily work, mbah wp tries to help find product ideas or business models that suit your type of life.
-* 1. Start your own clothing design business *-
Are you good at designing clothes? In this day and age, you can mobilize your own clothing design business.
Create your web site and sell your own designs, or you can work with certain clothing printers/clothing manufacturers to print clothes according to your customer’s design choices.
*Why spark a clothing design business?*
· There is nothing more satisfying than creating a product that people will use every day. · Turn your creativity into something tangible and profitable. You will be proud to see your designs used by people.
-* 2. Launch a dropshipping shop *-
With dropshipping, you don’t have to worry about imagining a warehouse for stocking goods to mobilize your online business.
Dropshipping is a great way to start an online business if your capital is limited. You only have to promote a product and let the manufacturer take care of the packaging to delivery of the goods.
By becoming dropshipping you also don’t have to worry about losing because the goods you sell don’t have any demand (no buyers).
You can be a dropshipper in a market place like opening a stall, shope etc. Or you can also create your own online store, then display the dropship products that you sell in your online store.
*Why choose to be dropshipping?*
· You don’t have to stock physical products, which means that your cash flow won’t be tied up in inventory. The risk of spending for less stock of goods. · Every time a purchase is made, you just forward it to the manufacturer and those who will take care of packaging and shipping. · It doesn’t have to be a warehouse to stock goods, meaning you can mobilize business from anywhere. Whether it’s your guest area or the cafe, you decide where you want to work.
-* 3. Sell your artwork online *-
Are you a person who has a high artistic soul? Good at painting, photographer or musician? Turn your skills into a source of income.
You can sell your work in print, canvas, and framed posters. How about music? You can sell jingles, songs and other audio tones in the form of “digital downloads.”
Take The Drum Broker, the largest online community that sells drum sample audio worldwide.
There is also, audiojungle.net which sells various audio models at a price of $ of course. It’s good, your musical works are valued in Dollars.
*Why sell art?*
· Your work will be heard and observed by many people. · Create an online store-like platform to showcase your work. · As an artist, creating art is not just a hobby – it is a way of life. The best part is when we do our own hobbies and get paid.
-* 4. Become a writer, designer or freelance developer *-
Writers, developers and graphic designers can start a business based on their talents. As a freelancer, you will be able to use your skills to “help people around the world with their projects (and of course it will make money).
Freelancing doesn’t mean working on a month-long project that eats away at your free time.
You can choose a project that fits your schedule.
If you are interested in being a freelancer, you can try.
· fiverr.com · upwork.com · envato.com
· You can choose which projects you want to work on, and set your own schedule and work area. · Getting paid to do something you are good at will add satisfaction and a feeling of worth, compared to if you are paid to do a job you are “forced” to do (to make ends meet, of course). · If you are new to writing, graphic design, or developer, the best way to build a portfolio is to gain hands-on experience on various projects.
-* 5. Teach online courses *-
Teaching online courses is a surefire way to generate passive income. All you have to do is compile a video tutorial to explain the material you are good at, then host it on your particular website.
Or you can also join certain web sites for online courses such as:
· Kelaskita.com · Class.com · Etc.
· udemy.com · lynda.com · etc
The advantage of starting an online course is, you only have to create the video material once, then money will come back regularly from students who subscribe to your course.
The material for an online course can vary, so it comes from making music, social media marketing techniques, how to build a website, how to trigger an android app, how to trigger an iOS app – etc.
Why teach online courses?
· With online courses, you only have to start the tutorial once at the beginning, you don’t have to make tutorials over and over again. · Work on your video tutorial for 1 week to 1 month (depending on the level of the problem with the material you want to convey), then you can rest and reap the benefits as long as the material you teach is still relevant. · If you are a knowledgeable person (an expert at doing something), you just have to share it. Teaching someone a new skill will have its own rewards. Apart from money, helping others is always a satisfying experience.
-* 6. Create a shop that sells used goods *-
If you are happy to hunt used goods, then you can also sell this hobby online.
Many people want to buy cool things, at low prices, but are too proud to buy them at a thrift shop.
You can take advantage of this condition by positioning yourself as a trusted agent to get things that other people want.
Why sell your thrift store finds?
· If your hobby is shopping for used goods, you can channel your hobby while making money. · The profit is really big. Used goods do not have a fixed price standard, you can buy items at a low price and then resell them at a higher price because the item may be unique to other people.
-* 7. Publish your own book *-
In the past, being a writer and being able to publish a book in a publisher like Gramedia was a difficult thing. There are many stages to go through.
Today, many people are already selling and even developing their own books online, without the help of a publisher.
You can publish a book in ebook form, once purchased, the ebook will be sent via e-mail or it can also be via whatsapp or on-demand printing facilities (print according to the number of orders).
You can also trigger an online blog (online store) as a medium for marketing your book. Now it contains too online it’s very, very easy.
With cms like wordpress, you can build an online store in just minutes. So you don’t have to worry about where to sell the book.
Why publish your own book?
· If you have a talent for writing, then publishing a book is important, because what’s the point of writing if no one is reading it? · Writing is your hobby, it would be even better if you do your hobby while earning money.
-*How to Start Your Online Business*-
After determining what idea you will make an online business, you must first test it first, then carry out that idea.
-* 1. Validate your inspiration by doing market research *-
Remember this, business inspiration that you think is great may not necessarily sell well in the market.
Before spending your time and energy on starting a business, it is better to find out more clearly how worthy the inspiration is and whether there is interest from potential customers for the product.
How to ? Here’s a quick way to see the market’s appetite for a product:
· Use google trends to see how popular a product/idea business · Use the google keyword planner tool to see how many keyword searches on a product / business idea · Use social media like facebook, see how many groups or topics discuss the product or business inspiration.
-* 2. Develop your product or facility *-
Have you finished validating your business inspiration?, now is the time to turn it into a real product.
If you are selling a product or service, you must create it. Find a manufacturer to work on your product, package your facility offering, or write your book.
If you choose dropship, then the product already exists, you just need to promote and market it.
-* 3. Manage your business finances *-
It’s called a business, so you have to make your own financial decisions. Starting from creating bank accounts, taxes and bookkeeping.
Do not mix special finance with business finance. As your business gets bigger, your business finances will become more complicated, hiring a professional accountant or tax professional could be the right choice.
-* 4. Find vendors and suppliers *-
An online business in the form of physical goods may need a lot of business interaction, for example: manufacturers, dropshippers, stock warehouses, shipping departments, etc.
You have to make sure that this business interaction is what you need.
Other online businesses may need different interactions or contractors. If you’re writing a book, for example, you might want to hire a professional editor and cover designer.
If you need supplier data for an online store, you can get it at this *marketing tool*.
-* 5. Build your web site *-
If you want to start an online business, it is highly recommended to have your own website. And to generate online sales, your website must have an order and payment page.
The cost to trigger a web site is not so expensive, for a domain (your web site name) only around Rp. 100 thousand to Rp. 150 thousand / year, if there is a promo again, it can only be Rp. 80 thousand/year. Rent hosting per year only Rp. 700 thousand to Rp. 1.5 million.
To trigger an online store using WordPress, you can follow this *How to Create an Online Store With WordPress* recommendation.
-*Time to Start Your Business*-
Well, everything you read in this article will be of no use if you don’t take any action!
It’s time to build your own online business, focus on starting the first path to your success.