Now this makes the website very easy to do. In fact, many sites offer Content Management System (CMS) services. You just create it with a template, then your website is ready.
One of these CMS service providers is WordPress. A site that is often a mainstay for beginning bloggers. In fact, WordPress is considered the easiest CMS to manage and with the best features.
Therefore, in this article, you will learn how to create WordPress. What? Look down.
How to make WordPress free
There are two ways to build WordPress, namely through wordpress.com and wordpress.org. Well, if you want to create a blog-only website, using .com might be enough.
So how to create a WordPress blog for beginners? Just follow the steps below, OK!
- 1. First, open your browser and type wordpress.com.
- 2. Once the WordPress page opens, click “Start Website” or “Start Website ” directly.
- 3. On the next page, enter your email address and the password you want to use. Then click “Create Account” or “Create Account”.
- 4. You will then be brought to a page where you can select the website you want to create. There are 4 options on this page. Select a blog if you want to create one for free.
- 5. You will then be brought to a page with your blog or website category selection.
- 6. You will then be prompted to enter the name of the blog or website you created on the next page.
- 7. After that, you will be redirected to a page where you can select a domain. Write down the address of the desired website. Try to pick a name that no one else has.
- 8. After that, you will be redirected to a page where you can select a domain. Also make sure to choose a domain with yourname.wordpress.com as the address is free.
- 9. On the next page, remember to select “Get started with a free website” at the top.
- 10. Next, login to the WordPress dashboard. From there you can start all the control over your website.
Well, that was how to start a blog to follow in WordPress for beginners. Building a website on wordpress.com should be done before moving to wordpress.org. This is to get you used to managing the dashboard.
However, if you want to create a more reputable website right away, remember to follow the explanation in the next point, OK.
How to create a website on wordpress.org
For those of you who want richer features than just blogging, creating an account at wordpress.org might do the trick. In fact, how to create a website on it will be more complex than you have understood so far. To do this, just look at the following steps.
1. Choose a reputable hosting site
The first step in building a website with wordpress.org is to purchase hosting. To opt for hosting there are many websites that offer this service including Dewaweb, Niagaholster, rumahweb and many more.
You are free to choose a foreign or local hosting location. However, there are some things that need to be taken into account, namely, check the security level, uploading does not take much time, and it can be contacted at any time. You should pay attention to these three things when choosing accommodation.
The hosting site itself acts as the place where all the files needed to build a WordPress website are placed. It’s like renting a departure lounge to store all the material for your activity.
2. Select the domain to use
After that, select the domain name to use and make sure no one has used it. This affects the purchase price of the domain. The less/person a domain uses, the lower the price. Remember that the domain you buy is the address of the website you use.
3. Installation of WordPress on the hosting site
The next step you should know is to install WordPress on the hosting that you have previously purchased. If you have purchased hosting from a cPanel compatible provider, this setup can be done very easily.
You only need a few clicks and fill in the required details correctly to activate your website. After that, WordPress can be used. Just fine?
How to Manage WordPress Dashboard Easily
Once WordPress is properly installed, you’ll want to manage your website. To do this, you need to open your WordPress dashboard. Because by accessing this board you can upload content, change photos and change the theme of your website.
So how do you access and manage the WordPress dashboard? Just follow the steps below.
- 1. Open your browser and type www.yoursite.com/wp-admin.
- 2. Then login to your WordPress account.
- 3. When you are done, go to the WordPress dashboard page you have.
- 4. Next, look at the toolbar area. In this section you can configure your profile in the upper right corner.
- 5. Next comes the navigation menu, which you use to configure WordPress. This navigation section will help you create posts, add photos, install plugins, and change the layout of your website.
- 6. Next, you can also see “At a Glance” which shows the number of posts, comments and the WordPress version used.
- 7. After that, there is a section “Activity” where you can see brief information about the latest posts and comments.
- 8. If you have an idea for the latest content on your website and want to write it right away, there is a “Quick Drat” function. However, to put it online you must access it from the main menu.
- 9. If you want to change the look of your website, just change the theme. You can do this by calling the view function in the navigation pane. However, if you want to replace it with your own theme, just upload it via “Download Theme”.
- 10. Um einen Beitrag auf Ihrer Website erstellen zu können, müssen Sie den Mauszeiger über die Abschnitte „Beitrag“ und „Neu hinzufügen“ bewegen. Füllen Sie danach die wichtigen Teile aus und klicken Sie auf “Veröffentlichen”. Vergessen Sie nicht, dem Beitrag eine Kategorie und Tags hinzuzufügen. Um das Hauptbild zu füllen, müssen Sie nur auf das “Empfohlene Bild” zugreifen.
- 11. Wenn Sie als Nächstes eine neue Seite erstellen möchten, klicken Sie einfach im Navigationsbereich auf “Seiten”. Klicken Sie dann auf “Neu hinzufügen”.
So optimize your website with WordPress
Now that you know how to manage WordPress, it’s time to move on to optimization. To optimize your WordPress, several plugins must be installed. anything? Look down.
1. Google XML Sitemap
This plugin is used to create a sitemap of your website so search engines can easily crawl existing content.
This plugin will help you justify the SEO of your website. In this way, the required optimization is greatly assisted by this plugin.
The two examples above are important plugins to include in your dashboard. Although there are actually many plugins that you can use and install. If you want to add a plugin, just click “Plugin” in the navigation column and then click “Add New “.
However, you can take a few more steps in terms of optimizing WordPress websites. Like Permalink Optimization that changes the structure of your URL. For example, if you have a post with the URL https://yoursite.org/2021/01/26/judulposting, you should change it to the URL https://yoursite.org/judutposting.
To change the permalink you can do it from the control panel by editing “Settings” and “Permalinks”. After that, please click “Publish name” and “Save changes” to make changes.
A prerequisite for changing the URL is that the permalink used contains SEO keywords. Therefore, you can create an article with a title that includes keywords and make it a permalink. The reason for using keywords is that your website posts can be easily read or crawled by Google.
Furthermore, you can also optimize the images on your website. This is done to speed up the loading of the website display. The trick, you can create an image with a smaller size but with the same quality. So if a website has a fast loading rate, it will be easier for Google to crawl it.
How to make your website more secure
The last step in creating a WordPress website is to secure it. This is necessary because many threats will affect your website. For example, hacker attacks, malware, viruses. There are several ways to secure your website.
1. Always update to the latest version
Always update to the latest version, be it WordPress, plugins, themes. This is to avoid bugs in the previous version. Because these vulnerabilities can be exploited by hackers to attack your website.
2. Remove unused plugins
You should also reduce unused or unnecessary plugins. Because again it can provide an escape route from hacker attacks. In addition, plugin minification is also helpful in improving WordPress performance.
3. Login with custom login
Use the custom login URL plugin to make your website more secure. Because if you just use your site/wp admin to access the dashboard, hackers can easily get in.
4. Regular backups
The obligation that the administrator or the owner of the website must fulfill is to make regular backup copies. This must be done to prevent unwanted things from happening like viruses or other threats. After backup, you only need to perform restore to recover compromised files or other data.
Well, this is how you create and manage WordPress. Hopefully, with this brief explanation, you will have a better understanding and knowledge of how to use WordPress to create a website. So, do you want to build a WordPress website?